Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: USHGRS

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 am

JoeF wrote:Hopes are high on such a neat announcement!
Walk, run, fly ...! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks Joe. Your vision for USHGRS and for hang gliding in general is an enduring inspiration.

At this early stage of the implementation, I can think of several ways people can help ...

Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Big News Tonight!

ToDo_Soon.gif
ToDo_Soon.gif (52.77 KiB) Viewed 2072 times

Joe Faust made his first Git commit to the GitLab version of the USHGRS web site.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:59 pm

From September 13, 2018, three years ago today:

JoeF (with my own highlighting) wrote:Well, just after MGF posted in Jack's place, sg banned me permanently. Thus, I was minutes away from answering MGF's hits; he too did not see what the facts were, but just hit. sg went way off topic and then baited me and bullied me and then cowed to some complaints as well as his own complaints. He wanted to rehash the morality of Bob in the middle of the topic on USHGRS; he also wanted to force a discussion about the HGAA voting thing. It all became hot water that sg introduced and allowed; then he banned the topic starter who was just politely staying on topic. Such conduct by sg portends an endgame for open discussion on core hanggliding matters in his forum; it is my hope that enough of his members will see through the sg game of banning and call for an end to such conduct. Oh well, onward without the sg platform for discussing things HG.
MGF unfairly characterized several people in a post just before my being banned from sg's forum. But he also declared summarily how the MGF org can stamp out pilot's way; such an org should have no station as regards public land use.

Joe wrote:

"it is my hope that enough of his members will see through the sg game of banning and call for an end to such conduct."

I am sure that many of them do see through the "sg game of banning", but they put their own desire to post about their own self interests ahead of their duty to help maintain a fair hang gliding community. That will eventually spell the end of that community, and it already is. The departure of WillsWing has been another indirect consequence of the actions by Jack, Davis, and USHPA.

Rick Masters from March 21, 2015 wrote:People talk about the sport of hang gliding dying. It's not dying. It's being murdered.

That remains one of my all-time favorite quotes on this forum. Thanks Rick.    :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics