Re: Tendering director service

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Rick Masters wrote:Of course, I support Joe Faust as an Advisory Director of the US Hawks.
YES

Thanks for your vote Rick!!

I think it's fitting that the first vote of one hang gliding legend would be to support the nomination of another hang gliding legend!!

Rick Masters wrote:Joe, we are not real directors at this time.
We are just a group offering formal opinions in private.

That's a little bit unfair. Every vote of the Board has been carried out - including votes where I disagreed fairly strongly. The primary reason that the Hawks Board is "Advisory" is so that I shoulder all liability myself. Legally speaking, I do make all decisions and that removes a barrier to participation.

Rick Masters wrote:A visionary (not me) had a brilliant idea ...

It could happen to anyone. :)

Rick Masters wrote:So the Hawks remain a discussion group without liability, if it chooses, or it can launch a nationwide hang gliding association.

This is the only point where I would request a little change in thinking. The U.S. Hawks IS a nationwide hang gliding association. An association is a group of people who have joined together for a common cause. Human beings have been creating associations long before there was an IRS 501anything classification. Human beings have been creating associations and guilds and clubs even before their was a United States of America. So please stop using this narrow IRS brain-washed definition of 'Association" when talking about the U.S. Hawks. We are a nationwide hang gliding association. Ask Sam in Texas. Ask Warren in Missouri. Ask Scott in New York. Ask Bill in New Mexico. Ask Neil in Florida. Ask Joe in Los Angeles.

But ... other than a few of my nit picks, I think it's a great way to move forward. Mostly, I like the idea that people should do the things that excite them. It's clear from your comments and your long track record that this is something that motivates you and that you'll do well. We're happy to support you, and it provides a means for people to donate to good causes without tainting the "purity" of the U.S. Hawks.

I also like the idea of our sites linking to each other and being supportive of each other while retaining our individual autonomy.

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Bill Cummings wrote:
wingspan33 wrote:And here is my vote regarding making Joe Faust a Director of the US Hawks -   YES  

I also vote   YES  

OK. That's Scott, Bob, Rick, and Bill. That's a majority any way you count it, although I hope our other Directors (who may be at work doing meaningful jobs) will feel free to make it unanimous when they can.

Welcome back to the U.S. Hawks Board Joe!!!
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

I accept and join with joy. :!: And I like Rick's large suggestion and Bob's clarifications on association. I'd donate to the described USHGA.AERO entity. First-time ever cell-phone (still learning how to use it): 323 240-8972 for text and some calling. Email still is strong for me. :) Thanks for your votes Bob, Scott, Rick, Bill, Frank, !

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm

#5 :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Yes
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Thanks Sam!!!! :wave:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 pm

By the way, I was thinking it would be nice to have a page with a short biography (maybe just a sentence or two) of our Directors and former Directors with a nice picture for each one.

We should start that as a new topic, but I just wanted to mention it here while I was thinking about it.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Thank you, Sam. Good to be on director team with you.

Bob's thread suggestion on pix and short bio would probably be helpful and polite to all visitors.

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Bill has already beat us to it!!!

Way to go Bill!!! :clap:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:34 am

Also, I've added a new topic to list current Board members and the history of the Board. I started it as the "U.S. Hawks" since it is an unopinionated presentation of facts and history. I may copy the photos and biographies from Bill's topic in there as well.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm sad to see Frank leave the Board. But as one door closes, another often opens. I am very grateful for Joe volunteering to be that opening door, and it has made Frank's loss that much less painful for me personally. Thanks Joe. :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics