Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Cape Kiwanda HG reunion anyone?

Postby Frank Colver » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 am

MY TRIP TO CAPE KIWANDA HAS BEEN CANCELLED. :(

I want to let everyone who was planning to join me at Cape Kiwanda in early May (4th - 11th) that I will not be there then. My wife suffered a stroke this past Tuesday and is now in a physical rehab hospital. The prognosis is good for her eventual good recovery but with not knowing what it will be a month from now, I cannot plan for a trip that would take me 1200 miles from our home.

I regret having to change plans for those who were looking forward to our meeting at "Mother Kiwanda" and I was of course looking forward to more altitude and flight time than I get at Dockweiler.

Please do keep in mind that the 47th anniversary "Otto Lilienthal" meet will be held at Dockweiler on May 27th, all day, and I hope to see you there.

Frank Colver
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for letting us know Frank.

Best wishes to Judy for a full and speedy recovery.

Bob
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dshman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am

Yes Frank that would be great. I’m located in southern Oregon. No club controls Kiwanda we pay federal taxes to use it, so it’s public, therefore free for anyone to use. I would be excited to come with state of the art, and nostalgia gliders. Let me know if I can help although I’m on the other end of oregon.
Dshman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 am

Fantastic!

Unfortunately my wife's condition at home caused me to cancel my trip to Oregon this spring season but maybe next year we can make it happen.

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics