Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Bill!!!

I think you've uncovered a bug in the system. :(

For some reason, following a link to another US Hawks topic will log you out. It's always been that way, but it's usually not a problem because you can still see the linked topic (even though you're logged out). So you can just use the "back" button to go back to where you were still logged in and continue on.

The problem here is that your link is to a topic in the private Board of Directors area. So when you click the link it logs you out and sends you to the new location. But to view that new location, you have to be logged in because it's otherwise private. But after you've logged in, it loses track of what you wanted to see in the first place!!! :crazy:

I believe this is a bug in the way that SIDs are managed in this forum. I think there's a way to save the SID in a "cookie" (rather than in the URL), and that would get around the problem by forcing us to use cookies. I don't know how to do that, and it's been bugging me for a while. The workaround hasn't been too bad ... until it showed up in the private forum section which is what you're experiencing now.

Hopefully that can wait until after the Torrey Pines RFP period because I really need to focus on that right now. OK?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 pm

We had put on hold the listing of," Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal"(s).
Next we decided to advance the discussion.
Shall we continue with listing motions concerning the wording of the whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal(s)?
I suggest we review input from "Issues before the Board of Directors," and also posts above in this the Board of Directors Private Discussions.
Review ideas from retired board member Joe Faust.
Here is where we left off:
by Bob Kuczewski » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:04 pm
    WBP1:      The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.    

“Whistle Blower” Protection

Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith.
The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith.
Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action.
Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.  

Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 am

There's a saying that I try to remember:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

We had a few proposed whistle blower motions made, but somehow none of them seemed as perfect as we might have liked. So we didn't accept any of them. That's left us with no official policy. Maybe we should try again and pick whatever seems better than nothing ... even if it isn't as perfect as we might want. We can always replace it if something better comes along.

Also, I want to thank Craig Muhonen for reviving this discussion with his recent post to the related topic.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:35 am

Here are two of the "good" that were dropped in hopes of finding the "perfect":

•   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.

•   WBP-SP1:  
    Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith. The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action. Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.

Note, however, that   WBP-SP1   contains a parenthetical section that should be cleared up before it can be an actual choice.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:39 pm

WBP1 = I second  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:Here are two of the "good" that were dropped in hopes of finding the "perfect":

•   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.

•   WBP-SP1:  
    Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith. The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action. Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.

Note, however, that   WBP-SP1   contains a parenthetical section that should be cleared up before it can be an actual choice.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am

Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  

Bill Cummings wrote:  WBP1 = I second  

OK, with a proposal and a second, let's vote ...

I vote   YES   to using the wording of   WBP1   as our official U.S. Hawks policy until a better proposal is passed.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 pm

YES  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  

OK, with a proposal and a second, let's vote ...

I vote   YES   to using the wording of   WBP1   as our official U.S. Hawks policy until a better proposal is passed.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:18 am

Are there any more votes on the Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal?
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 am

Bill Cummings wrote:  YES  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  

YES  
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 am

Thanks Sam!!!

That's 3 votes in favor which passes!!

I'll move the topic to the public forum. Any other Directors wishing to cast a vote are welcome to do so.

Thanks again to a Super Board!!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics