RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Guads President's Day W/E

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Guads President's Day W/E

Postby macofromoc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks to Bob I now have post privileges. That means I can spam-remind you that the Guads are right around the corner. I already know the weather prediction..cold, and well windy. I'm heading down as well as several others. See you there.

greg clark - ABQ
macofromoc
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Guads President's Day W/E

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 pm

With any luck our global warming will return and we will have unseasonably 70 to 75 degree weather and we can fly naked in our pod harnesses. (Am I the only one doing that? :oops: )
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 am

macofromoc wrote:Thanks to Bob I now have post privileges.

Enjoy the forum, and fly safe!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobinHastings » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:07 am

There was a lot of good flying done at the Guads last year. Let's hope for good warm weather and lots of lift! I probably can't make it myself this year, but it's a great gathering.
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cascpa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Good evening,
Weather from down here in Austin looks good for the Fly-in this weekend. What is the local read on the wx?
Charlie S.
cascpa
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 pm

I'll prod Robin to get out an earlier WX post before the usual Thursday's post for the Quads.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:52 am

greg clark - ABQ

Welcome Greg, to USHawks :!: :!: :clap: :clap:

:wave:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobinHastings » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi, Greg! It's a little early for the Guads forecast, as the models I look at don't go out that far. I am guessing that it will be somewhat chilly, as our current balmy conditions are soon to disappear and we'll see some pretty cold days the middle of next week. We'll also get strong winds and possibly some rain on Monday and Tuesday. What I can see, though, is encouraging; it looks like the loop of the jet stream will pass us by the middle of next week, leaving a period of what passes for "normal" New Mexico conditions for a few days. Should be clear skies, at least, and probably lighter winds. Dare we hope for light southwest breezes? Stay tuned - I'll let you know in a few more days. Meanwhile, keep your umbrella at hand, and find out where you put your warmer socks...
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobinHastings » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:49 am

My apologies to everyone! I kept thinking that Presidents Day was NEXT weekend. No, it really is this one, February 14-16, 2015. Unfortunately I can't make it myself. But the weather for it looks OK. Saturday looks ideal, with light southwest winds ("light" rarely means much at the Guadalupes, however). On Sunday, it starts out strong west, early, then goes to strong northwest as the day goes on. Monday looks pretty good, though, with moderate westerly winds most of the day. If rain comes, it's likely to be on Tuesday. All in all, I'd head out there if I wasn't coaching this weekend. Enjoy it if you go, and do a launch for me!
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 am

Anyone thinking about the Guads yet? I had schedule conflicts the last 2 years, but I'm looking forward to camping, great sunsets, some time off the grid and a loooong ridge :thumbup:

Plus I look forward to spending Valentine's Day with all 144 squares of my mistress :wtf:

Nate
Nate
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association