Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: u$hPa Spring meeting

Postby Rick Masters » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:47 pm

The same way embracing PG saved the United States Hang Gliding Association.

Two legs good.
Four legs bad.

In case anybody else didn't notice,
The USHGA is gone.
It wasn't "saved."
It was destroyed by a bunch of idiots inviting paragliding in.
Paragliding took over.
Now the victors rewrite history.

Form a national hang gliding association.
A real hang gliding association.
No parachutes with parachutes.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm

What he was really saying is that PG saved U$HGA Corporation.
JZ, as President and Mark G. Forbes, Treasurer had run the corporation into the ground financially.
The corporation needed the influx of high turnover memberships to survive the looting that some say was going on.
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 am

Free wrote:

What he was really saying is that PG saved U$HGA Corporation.
JZ, as President and Mark G. Forbes, Treasurer had run the corporation into the ground financially.
The corporation needed the influx of high turnover memberships to survive the looting that some say was going on.

USHGA/USHPA is one of the biggest problems in the sport of hang gliding. It's a special interest group masquerading as a user's group.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:40 pm

It's a special interest group masquerading as a user's group.

Hmm........sounds like another national organization that's in the news a lot lately. I also belonged to that organization but they don't represent me anymore, just the commercial interests.

Many organizations fall under the spell of the money making side of the sport and cease to represent the people they were originally formed to represent.

Sad.

Frank C
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:23 am

Frank Colver wrote:Hmm........sounds like another national organization that's in the news a lot lately.

FakeBook?

It's been funny to see everyone fawning over Zuckerberg as some kind of "genius" all these years when the whole thing started out as a juvenile scheme to rate people's pictures on a basis of who's hot and who's not.

From Wikipedia's "Facebook" article:
2003–2006: Thefacebook, Thiel investment, and name change

Zuckerberg wrote a program called "Facemash" in 2003 while attending Harvard University as a sophomore (second year student). According to The Harvard Crimson, the site was comparable to Hot or Not and used "photos compiled from the online facebooks of nine Houses, placing two next to each other at a time and asking users to choose the "hotter" person". Facemash attracted 450 visitors and 22,000 photo-views in its first four hours online. The Facemash site was quickly forwarded to several campus group list-servers, but was shut down a few days later by the Harvard administration. Zuckerberg faced expulsion and was charged by the administration with breach of security, violating copyrights, and violating individual privacy. Ultimately, the charges were dropped. Zuckerberg expanded on this initial project that semester by creating a social study tool ahead of an art history final exam. He uploaded all art images to a website, each of which was featured with a corresponding comments section, then shared the site with his classmates, and people started sharing notes.

What did anyone expect?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:52 am

No, I never belonged to Facebook for the very reasons that are now coming to light. :thumbdown:

F
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am

I just recently joined FB - but before the big controversy began. I didn't use my real name and as little info as possible. And I haven't "linked" myself to any "friends". So, if I'm right, I'm pretty much useless to FB and their exploitative marketing plan. Which was part of the plan.

Maybe I should like some Russians and see what happens. :srofl: :think: :shock: Maybe not. :shifty:

The reason I joined is because some Face Book pages (which I'd like to view) can't be seen, or seen completely, without being a "member". Or should I say a victim?
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics