UK vintage meeting

Postby ARP » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 am

This may already have been posted but if not:- Steve Pionk is organising......

The British Vintage Hang Gliding Rally 2016

The objective is to create an informal get-together of vintage equipment, pilots and the curious

What constitutes vintage? Could be simply obsolete, could be of historical interest as a significant development, it's up to you. We want to create a social weekend of beer, wine and good company and showcase the history of British hang gliding.

Events under consideration are a Bamboo Butterfly Challenge; build your wings the 1970s way from 1970s appropriate materials, points and prizes for style and spirit and a bonus if it can leave the ground.

Best of show awards for particularly good examples of historical equipment.

Venue is still to be decided. This is not planned as a flying event for safety reasons but a venue with access to flying sites would be desirable. If anyone would like to volunteer as a regional representative to gather interest and even provide a venue we would like to hear from you.

Note: Dates changed to 10th-11th September to avoid the peak flying season. This makes it an opportunity to round off the season and wave your arms while making fast hang glider noises over a beer or two.
ARP
Contributor
Contributor

Re: UK vintage meeting

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:58 pm

This sounds like a fun event. I especially like this part:

Events under consideration are a Bamboo Butterfly Challenge; build your wings the 1970s way from 1970s appropriate materials, points and prizes for style and spirit and a bonus if it can leave the ground.

Please keep reminding us as the date approaches. I doubt that I can afford the trip, but maybe others can!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics