51st Anniversary of Otto Meet - May 23, 2022

Honoring the rich history and bright future of gliding at Dockweiler Beach

Re: 51st Anniversary of Otto Meet - May 23, 2022

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Frank Colver wrote:Several years ago I did ask him to publish or provide a list of banned people and he refused. As I recall he did have you and maybe one or two others listed in some section of the forum but I haven/t looked at any sections there, other than the General HG Subject, in a number of years. There certainly wasn't a comprehensive list, as I remember.

hanggliding.orgushawks.org
      Refuses to publish list of banned pilots      Openly publishes a list of banned pilots
      Moderator changes member's posts      Member's Posts are highly respected
      Entire topics full of posts deleted      The history of topics and posts are preserved
      No links to USHGRS.org      Welcomes links to USHGRS.org
      No links to ushawks.org      Welcomes links to hanggliding.org
      No mention of banned pilots      All references are welcome
      No videos of banned pilots      All videos are welcome
      Absolute control by one person      Greatly influenced by Trial Board of Directors
      No procedure for due process      Demonstrated procedure for due process
      No club forums      Dedicated Club Forums with authority granted to club officers
      Littered with commercial advertisements      No commercial advertisements
      Potential sharing of member data with other organizations      No commercial exploitation of member data
      Jack's Living Room      Hang Gliding's Living Room

Sorry about the diversion. This topic should focus on the Otto Meet.

So thanks again Frank for posting the notice on hanggliding.org.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Well My Friend Dave C and I hopefully will be Coming down for the Meet. I hopefully will be Flying Franks Condor 330. Is that Condor really 330Sqaure feet? I mean Wow! that is one Big Wing. And to think that I thought that My first Glider was Big. My first Glider was a Wills Wing 225. That Glider had such a terrible Glide. But it Certainly was a Climb Monster.

So I plan regaining My ratings. I hope that I remember how to; Do-It. will have4 not flown a Hang-Glider in 12 Years when I hopefully Fly Franks Condor.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Did Otto really say: Sacrifices must Be MDE"?
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:56 pm

So, more aned More it is beginning t5o look as though I might really Be able to return to My Home. I so hope to return to the Sky. Yes to Cloud-Base or Higher. I just now left a Voice Message on John Simpson's Voice Mail. Because John has a Condor that possibly I could Fly. I think that John flys down at Marina. Just thinking about how I will feel when I set the Pitch of that Big old Condor, I get the Glider all balanced. I scon both Left and right for any Air-Traffic. I will call Clear , then I will walk, increasing My Stride, changing to a run. I will do all this very smoothly. Then I will be in the Air. You Guys have no idea how good this will Feel for Me. Heck, I do not how good it will feel?

This way I will be all Dialed into flying a great Big Condor before I come Down to Dockweiler Beach.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:38 am

Hello Everyone:

Well I hope to beat the Otto Meet. My Question is this; Will I need a Waiver to be allowed to simply do some short Take-Off's and Landings? I will have John Heieney there to observe how I Fly. You Guys should know that after Two Decades of being a Hang-Four. I lost My ratting. see it is really hard to Re-Up your membership when You live at in My Case Kaiser Hospital Vallejo California. I was in a Coma for Three Weeks.

Yes life has been very Hard for Me after My last Flight, Flying My Predator. Now I need to get High!

So will I need a waiver in order to do little short Hops? If I need a Waiver, Where do i get one?
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am

Chris McKeon wrote:Hello Everyone:
   :
Will I need a Waiver to be allowed to simply do some short Take-Off's and Landings?
   :
So will I need a waiver in order to do little short Hops?

Yes and Yes.

Chris McKeon wrote:If I need a Waiver, Where do i get one?

A blank waiver is available here:

https://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2865

I have also attached a blank form below. You will need to get it filled out AND approved AND returned to you before you can do any flying at all on Otto's birthday. That may take weeks or months, so get started now.

Attachments
Dockweiler Hang Glider Consent-Waiver.pdf
(162.06 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:08 pm

From hanggliding.org:

bigbird wrote:
Frank,

I called DEPARTMENT OF BEACHES AND HARBORS today (4/26) and they did receive my emailed waiver. They DO accept completed waivers electronically.
The person I talked to (Heather I believe) wasn't sure if it would be returned via email or snail mail (my guess is that it would depend on if it can be signed electronically (.pdf, etc) and returned, or can't be signed electronically and requires snail mail to return it). She took my phone # and is having the person handling the waivers (Crystal Gail) call me (I'm not holding my breath on that call back but who knows - they're busy people).

So, one way or another it's in their hands and I'll update you when I hear from them or receive it back.

See you there, Frank!!

Phil

That's great news. So email and a phone call for follow up works!!

Thanks for your initiative Phil!!!   :thumbup:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu May 05, 2022 9:07 am

Two weeks from this Monday!!!
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed May 18, 2022 1:17 pm

Five days away!!!

Hopefully, it will look like this:

https://youtu.be/O_MMzuEVYQo

Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed May 18, 2022 4:02 pm

From hang gliding pioneer Neil Larson earlier today:

Neil wrote:Hope all goes well on Monday !

USHPA # 24 , NEIL LARSON

lilienthallcertificate.gif

Thanks Neil!! You will be with us in spirit!!!
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Friends of Dockweiler Gliding Society