Change font size
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Torrey Pines Gliderport RFP has been published
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't received a reply from the leasing office (not holding my breath), I sent another message to:

Council President Pro Tem Barbara Bry (District 1)
City Administration Building
202 C Street, MS #10A
San Diego, CA 92101

619-236-6611

barbarabry@sandiego.gov

https://www.sandiego.gov/citycouncil/cd1

I would encourage the local residents to do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:09 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Logan wrote:
My quotes were straight out of your 2017 RFP.

It turns out that the City hasn't made an award pursuant to that RFP yet. The REP gave the City The option to make no awards which I think is what they've done.

Bob,

What is your source? I would be interested in any link/person/post you may have regarding the Gliderport.

Logan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:33 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Logan wrote:
What is your source? I would be interested in any link/person/post you may have regarding the Gliderport.

I have periodically checked with Real Estate Assets Dept ("READ") asking for the current lease. I've always been told that it hasn't changed since 1998. I also keep an eye on the City Council docket for anything to do with the lease. That's no guarantee that they couldn't try to sneak it through, but it's the best I can do with limited resources.

Here's a link to the City's agendas: https://www.sandiego.gov/opengov/agendas

The more eyes on it, the better.

For example, here's an item on Tuesday's agenda regarding tie down fees at Montgomery airport:

Quote:
Item 100:
Approval to increase User Fees for Month to Month Aircraft Tiedown Users at Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport.

Total Estimated Cost of Proposed Action and Funding Source: N/A

Council District(s) Affected: 6.

Proposed Actions:

Subitem-A: (R-2019-320)

Resolution approving the increase of user fees for month-to-month tiedown tenants at Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport.

Subitem-B: (R-2019-325)
Resolution determining that the approval of the increase of user fees for month-to-month tiedown tenants at Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act Pursuant to Sections 15273(a)(1), 15273(a)(3), and 15273(a)(4) of the CEQA Guidelines.

Committee Actions Taken:
This item was heard at the Budget and Government Efficiency Committee meeting on November 14, 2018.
ACTION: Motion by Councilmember Cate, second by Councilmember Ward, to recommend Council approval of staff's proposed action.

VOTE: 4-0; Bry-yea, Ward-yea, Cate-yea, Gómez-yea.

Real Estate Assets: Debbie Shauger, (858) 573-1448
City Attorney Contact: David Powell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
2. Uses. The use of the Property shall be limited to the operation and maintenance of a
gliderport; use by non-powered aircraft and radio-controlled models (take-off and overflight); sale of hang gliding, paragliding, and sailplane parts and accessories; sale of
related merchandise; operation of a small food retail site (café); and incidental purposes
as may be first approved in writing by the City.”

Take off and over flight?
What City lawyer thought the FAA would hand
over overflight authority?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:52 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/MuniC ... sion02.pdf

Seems to be the relevant document.

Apparently there was or was supposed to be an advisory board at one point: http://docs.sandiego.gov/council_reso_o ... 303300.pdf

But their page seems to have been removed: https://www.sandiego.gov/department/tor ... sory-board (further links go nowhere)

Perhaps if a resident wants to purchase insurance and fly, they may be able to get a permit (I am not signing any portion of my insurance over to California)

Does anyone have a copy of USHPA's current insurance? I have a strong suspicion it isn't general liability insurance as required by the city.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
No permit shall be issued unless all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The applicant shall submit and maintain a certificate of personal injury
and liability insurance in the amount of Five Hundred Thousand
Dollars ($500,000) combined single limit, naming the City as an
additional named insured, and providing that in the event of
cancellation of the policy, the City will be provided at least thirty (30)
days’ written notice.

So, the poor citizen may not jump up in the air with a wing. Only the rich may play wing.

Quote:
“Hang gliding” means flight by any motorless, heavier–than– air contrivance
now known or hereafter invented, used or designed for navigation of or flight
in the air in which the pilot, crew and passengers are carried externally to the
frame of such contrivance.

So, a ski-jumper gliding is on a hang glider?
So, a sailplane with pilot atop the wing outside the airframe is flying a hang glider?

How to suppress recreational hang gliding in San Diego: oppress the activity in ways not done to surfer gliders, not done to kiteboarders, not done to jumpers and hikers, etc.
Waldo Waterman of San Diego, if you can pull some strings from above, you are so invited.

City of San Diego, you are already out of reach for liabilities from recreational hang gliding; the insurance blanket is not needed.

Attachment:
SDChg.png
SDChg.png [ 93.14 KiB | Viewed 6766 times ]

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
Dear Barbra Bry And Mara Elliott

I am more than willing to discus a public recreational waiver as needed. This would immediately resolve the Public rights and freedoms Issues.
Then the City could deal with your out of control SDPD crime family, snack shop, school and insurance carrier.
I will be showing up at the City Podium... revealing More of the ongoing Public Extortion at Torrey Pines Gliderport... You did not like my last visit.
I also plan on a Grass roots in the street protest, revealing the truth and hopefully destroying your chance at ever being Mayor Barbra Bry , you have Failed miserably representing La Jolla. and protecting our American freedoms and rights

I'm under threat of violence by a Police related crime family for the last 25yr + ... I have testified several times in court ...
I am also a credible eye witness, former assistant flight director of David Jebb.

It's time to make some Changes
Thank you Ernie Casco

Quote:
Torrey Pines Gliderport
Public Extortion by City Contract
Most Extortion Case's are punished as a Felony.
With 1 to 20yrs in prison depends on force
and significant Fines

Leaseholder Crimes and Threats

1. Violence & Bullying, assault, continuing threat, including safety
2. A threat to harm someone physically or emotionally is extortion (Terrorizing)
3. Extortion under color of official Right
4. The Use of a threat in order to obtain money or anything of value constitutes the crime of extortion.
5. False reporting to City, Media, Authorities, Rescue and Public. Baring false witness, Intent to harm or hide the truth
6. False arrest, pay them and sign waivers, or be arrested for trespassing a free public park.
7. Loss of insurance, pilot ID card, a magazine. (Not required by common law)
8. Flight safety, due to school operations, under the influence, violations of drug free workplace, sale's
9. Perjury in court, barring false witness.
10. Discrimination, singling out individuals.
11. Racketeering of all business at a public park. Excursive business rights at a public park. (No legal right to do so.)

Misappropriation of public funding into private accounts.
Free Park Pass ........................appx, $1mil annually, for the last 25+yrs (Pilots Money's)
National Insurance Racket....... appx Another $1mil annually. just at this site
WHO ARE THEY ~ Where has all the money gone ~ 25mil or so, Funding Whom

Obstruction of public access to a free public park and free airspace
Is a Violation of my civil and public recreational rights and freedom.
$200 annual pass, or $10 equaling $300 month is Extortion
You Stole our freedoms and are selling them Back. (You have no right or laws that allows this)
My Freedom is not for sale

Racketeering an organized crime ring that uses legitimate organizations to embezzle funds.
Refers to crimes committed through extortion or coercion between.
Sand Diego City Contract (Knowingly allows), USHPA and the Torrey Pines Gliderport

Violation of the RICO statute
A police related Organized crime family. criminals who engage in illegal activity for profit.
The David Jebb police training operation - The Gang still in control ~ Protected By SDPD Best, the City Council and Mayor Falconer

Quote:
previous email Nov 30, 2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Really Mara a generic reply

Your Gliderport leaseholder, ...A police related crime family operation, that runs under fear of violence and personal loss
In combination with a USHPA , a national insurance racketeering monopoly

How dangerous MARA,
Years ago they killed their own instructor over this,....
Which I try to stop, the following day, I was assaulted, and threatened by the San Diego Police, northern division while they covered it Up
To this day under a threat

The podium at the city council , is under a threat of violence and personal loss

Your courts are under the same threat, any witnesses that testify, that's me and others
Your police, can't or won't write a report to bring Justice, and threaten people that try....
Your Gliderport leaseholder is ripping off America, to the tune o a Millon a year for 25yrs
With your manipulated lease, stole our freedom to fly a free park, to access free airspace
commercializing free airspace , a crime to America

Gliderport leaseholder Extortion pending crimes: the list is long as YOU turn your heads

Mayor Falconer and Barbra Bry have the solution on there desk, with a Public recreational waiver, that we don't really need by common Law
and you wont Use it ????

Right Now Mara you, Mayor Falconer and Barbra Bry are a disgrace to America and what this country stands for.
I have to Pay a City thug Gliderport gatekeeper in January after Paying the Insurance racketeers, Are you kidding?
When you have the solution on your Desk Barbra Bry

I will post your next reply on social Media.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Kinda Says it All, Another Generic Reply
Automatic reply:

Torrey Pines Gliderport ~
Public Extortion by City Contract

Councilmember Barbara Bry
Thu, Apr 25, 11:48 AM

to me

Thank you for reaching out to the Office of Councilmember Barbara Bry.
Your message has been received, and the appropriate staff person will get back to you with a response.
If you require immediate assistance, you can call our office at: (619) 236-6611.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Barbara Bry's Office wrote:
Thank you for reaching out to the Office of Councilmember Barbara Bry.
Your message has been received, and the appropriate staff person will get back to you with a response.

Attachment:
Robin_Marien.png
Robin_Marien.png [ 214.33 KiB | Viewed 6042 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7