Hello Big Bird et al

Club forum for the Shasta Sky Sailors / Shasta Hawks

Hello Big Bird et al

Postby Rodger » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi again Phil and all other old line Redding guys who may be eavesdropping. Rodger (formerly)from Medford here. I've moved farther north now so I don't get down your way much anymore but I have fond memories and appreciate all the site encouragement you gave on my numerous visits to Herd, Shasta Dam, Hat Creek, etc. Glad to hear that you're still kickin' it!

Oh yeah, I just realized that my avatar is sorta from your neighborhood: Butte Valley on a Sept 70-miler from Herd!
Member: US Hawks Hang Gliding Association
http://ushawks.org/
Rodger
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello Big Bird et al

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Good to see you again Rodger!!

We've been adding a few new chapters recently.

Do you have a local club that might want to join us?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello Big Bird et al

Postby BigBird » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 am

HEY Rodger!!! Absolutely great to hear from you!!! You're not using your last name here but I'm going to assume this is Roger H., right?

Nice avatar and flight!!! Until July we were active at Hat Creek Rim. Lots of BS activities going there so, after 40 years of developing and maintaining the site (19 of those years under a Special Use Permit), we finally said we're done dealing with the idiots of this sport. We'll still be active at the site since we love working there to make sure it's open to all pilots and not abused again by a handful and self-righteous A-holes :).

Please email me a bigbird at vfr dot net. I'l like to stay in touch... I'm glad I could help with tips but as I recall you were/are a very proficient pilot. I do recall you asking for a few tips on landing techniques ;).

Good hearing from you,

Phil

Rodger wrote:Hi again Phil and all other old line Redding guys who may be eavesdropping. Rodger (formerly)from Medford here. I've moved farther north now so I don't get down your way much anymore but I have fond memories and appreciate all the site encouragement you gave on my numerous visits to Herd, Shasta Dam, Hat Creek, etc. Glad to hear that you're still kickin' it!

Oh yeah, I just realized that my avatar is sorta from your neighborhood: Butte Valley on a Sept 70-miler from Herd!
BigBird
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Shasta Sky Sailors / Shasta Hawks