Personal Journals about Hang Gliding

USHPA peddaling egregious monopolistic influence at EAA

Postby Rick Masters » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

EAA FULL PAGE PROMO FOR USHPA - WHY NOT FOR US HAWKS?

"Established in 1973, the United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association encourages all those who wish to fly - whether it be hang gliders, paragliders, speed gliders or all of the above - to join the USHPA as members."
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/affiliates/us-hang-gliding-and-paragliding-association

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SIZE A PARAGLIDER IS - IT'S STILL A PARAGLIDER

Most dishonestly, despite touting speed gliding as something other than paragliding, speed gliders are paragliders - yet speed gliding fatalities are excluded from USHPA paragliding fatalities. That makes their body count look better. They recently claimed at their Directors' Meeting that there was only one US paragliding fatality in 2018. I have records of six paragliding fatalities of US citizens in 2018. Oh, they only count USHPA big paraglider member fatalities within the US borders but not outside them? That is so screwed up and manipulative, it leaves me at a loss for words. Nothing they say can be believed. They are rewriting facts. (BTW, little hang gliders are still hang gliders and always have been included in every USHPA hang gliding fatality count.) I guess today's USHPA hang gliding members think they need a sneaky promo agency for paragliding.

ARE JOE AND FRANK LIARS? - DID THEY LEAVE SOMETHING OUT?

Hey Joe and Frank, why didn't you tell us you established the United States Hang Gliding And Paragliding Association in 1973? Aren't you interested in rewriting history?
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Re: USHPA peddaling egregious monopolistic influence at EAA

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:06 pm

USHPA? wrote:"Established in 1973, the United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association encourages all those who wish to fly - whether it be hang gliders, paragliders, speed gliders or all of the above - to join the USHPA as members."

USHPA "encourages all those who wish to fly to join USHPA as members"?

LIARS
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 am

In a hangliding.org topic titled PIONEERING A NEW SITE Paul H wrote:

Paul H wrote:Nobody is pushing insurance for public land use.

LIAR

See Torrey Pines, Sylmar, Crestline, and Funston ... just to get started.

They were also pushing it at Dockweiler and Point of the Mountain until it was challenged. Want to bet they're going to push back at those sites?

Underdog replied:

Underdog wrote:Any launch sites around Reno "PRIVATE"? 

Who requires insurance for any NON-PRIVATE sites?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

USHPA has used their insurance monopoly to control public sites for decades. They're like a gang controlling a public street corner.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:02 pm

"But I'm already covered under state recreational liability law!"
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics