Personal Journals about Hang Gliding

Virus spread

Postby dohara » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 am

Fellow pilots, I have two possible topics. California is closing beaches due to the possibility that pollution and sewage issues could spread virus by wind and wave action. Could thermals bring virus from the surface to the air? I have smelled smoke and manure at thousands of feet. Secondly can the virus be spread by mosquitos?
dohara
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virus spread

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:44 pm

dohara wrote:Fellow pilots, I have two possible topics. California is closing beaches due to the possibility that pollution and sewage issues could spread virus by wind and wave action. Could thermals bring virus from the surface to the air? I have smelled smoke and manure at thousands of feet. Secondly can the virus be spread by mosquitos?

Hello Dohara, it's good to hear from you.   :thumbup:

These are just my thoughts without any particular expertise in the matter. It seems to me that the virus has been claimed to live "in the air" for some number of hours. So it seems that it could follow that air wherever it goes - up, down, and sideways. It also seems to me that it will be hard to evade this virus, and I would predict that almost everyone will get it.

FYI, we also have a fairly extensive discussion here:
https://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3665

Thanks for posting.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Virus Spread and 5g radio frequency's

Postby eagle » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:10 am

Radio Hawk Wonder
See video: https://youtu.be/O2YAnfSbuRY

The Sky sure looks funny

Five G Virus.png
Five G Virus.png (781.19 KiB) Viewed 977 times
eagle
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:53 pm

I have also wondered about the everpresent mist coming in off the ocean at Dockweiler. The massive LA City Hyperion sewage treatment plant is directly behind the flying site and the outfall directly in front, out in the ocean. I've read that if the sewage is properly treated the virus can't survive. The words "properly treated" are the operative words here.

Dohara, When I was ballooning I would know as soon as a thermal came along because, like you, I would smell odors from the ground even at several thousand feet. Unlike a hang glider a balloon doesn't react immediately to thermal lift and it was handy to know in advance that I would soon be climbing. This would determine whether to burn or not burn in the next several minutes. It might also tell me that I should start looking for a landing spot because thermals were starting to pop off. Hot air balloons don't like thermal turbulence pushing the envelope in (similar to PG collapse). Also landing a baloon in thermal conditions can make vivid memories that last a long time. :o

Frank C.
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 am

dohara wrote:Fellow pilots, I have two possible topics. California is closing beaches due to the possibility that pollution and sewage issues could spread virus by wind and wave action. Could thermals bring virus from the surface to the air? I have smelled smoke and manure at thousands of feet. Secondly can the virus be spread by mosquitos?

Reading the newspaper I see where plasma from people that have recovered from the virus is being transfused
to people in order to pass on the immunization. I too am wondering if mosquitoes can infect people with Covid19.
Could donating blood pass the virus?
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 am

The unknown elements of this Virus will take time to learn, but the protocol put forth by our doctors, is working to lesson the death rates. So far, the "Human Body" & Mind has been proven far superior a defense. Lesson Stress by going inside your "quiet" self, read and write more, dance and sing more, and
"There is no blame", and , be satisfied with small gains
But in the mean time , the best way to react to our invironment, is to always keep your immune system healthy ,(it really is all that we have) by practicing (we all have time now) these few things... .#1. SIMPLIFY the Diet cut out white sugar, drink down a large glass of "fresh" water with lemon slice, first thing, then sip water all day long, to the point that you "PEE like a Race Horse, walk a lot, don't eat much in the evening, try to go to bed at about the same time, and get up about the same time.
Personal security is more important now than ever before, and the more we "selfishly" practice what we know works, and learn from experts, the more others will benefit.
The immune systems have evolved over millions of years, to adapt the "fittest" , Lets step back and let them work, and strengthen. It knows what to do.

https://www.livescience.com/38028-how-t ... aphic.html

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-mucous-membrane.htm

The uneducated "mind" has limited the immune systems to a certain point, but our God given "Miracle" of a body, fights on, even through our "muddling".
Since we all have another Two weeks or so , "hunkered down", we can educate ourselves AGAIN, to the things that matter, and we will come out of this a little stronger, and more prepared for the next time.
History shows us what the "D" Day Normandy landings were , and how the individual spirit of Western" soldiers and people prevailed in the face of unknown horror". We are the same as we were. Against the ccp coronavirus,....it is ccp.
We Will Go in Force to Defeat the Enemy

A good saying to adopt is "the more you know ... the more you'll go" (JB)

https://www.azquotes.com/author/4399-Albert_Einstein

Teach Your Children Well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UuBGEoxbF ... ex=32&t=0s

I'd Rather Be Sailing
Last edited by Craig Muhonen on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 32 times in total.
"grow brave by reflection". And invincible with written words.
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 am

Just having my usual prescriptions extended has lately been difficult.
It has taken more than a week to have the doctors office return my
messages to three different doctors. So my recommendation is to
renew prescriptions as early as possible since the Covid monkey
wrench has been dropped into the gearbox.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

More Virus News

Postby eagle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Eagle Eye's
To Watch and Learn. See video:
https://youtu.be/Hgx-DEAjtHI

De Shiva Reports.jpg
De Shiva Reports.jpg (12.11 KiB) Viewed 848 times
eagle
Contributor
Contributor

5g Virus Combo & Cover

Postby eagle » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Eagle Zap
Feeling the RF Vibe Yet
See Video:

https://www.facebook.com/STFNReloaded/v ... 011393188/

5g Gov.Love.jpg
5g Gov.Love.jpg (11.49 KiB) Viewed 833 times
eagle
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virus spread, racketeering business as normal

Postby eagle » Sat May 23, 2020 9:54 am

The Club that Stole Americas Free Flight Freedom
This is what our sport has become at Torrey pines Gliderport.
One big Media Lie, As our leader's rob Americas right to free flight.
Public Extortion by City "Snack Shop " Contract

~ Paraglider Forgets for the Last time ~

Para Crash Cover Up.jpg
Para Crash Cover Up.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 368 times
eagle
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics