Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: HG history marker moving along.

Postby Frank Colver » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm

My wife told me that if I had wiped it clean with some Simple Green I would have produced a better photograph of the history stone. I will have some SG with me at the reunion on May 23rd, so that all attending can get good photos.

It sure was nice to see it in place and I sent kudos and thanks to the supervisors at the parks dept for the good and quick job they did in placing it.

I only regret that the hillside where most of the flying took place, 41 years ago, is covered with houses in a gated community, so that we can't have a marker on that actual hillside. The closest I could come was the remaining portion of the flying site that is still in Pacific View Memorial Park. I do think the location of my HG history bench, located there, is close to the spot where Richard Miller flew his Conduit Condor, because he was on a shallower slope farther to the south. When I look at the photos and videos it looks like the same slope position. I like to think that Richard actually flew directly above where my HG history bench is now and where I'll be planted in front of it someday.

Frank Colver
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics