Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Being Ahead of the Aviation Curve.

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:52 am

This is so darn Cool! I just found a Passage in the Bible that talks about Flying! Soaring! Boy were some of those People back in Those times, Three Thousand Years Pluss. They were doing things ahaead of the Curve. Way ahrad of the Curve!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Being Ahead of the Aviation Curve.

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Which one Chris?
You're always ahead of the curve when the Words are right.

This is one I've found about Faith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7VeOr-J_W0

"If you can think and speak and write, you are the most dangerous person in the world". JBP

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:15 pm

Isaiah 40-30-31. bat is that not us? i simply love that lost Verse; "Thou Shall Not Whack. I do not know where You reside Craig. But We have a Site here over at San Francisco named Fort Funston. I have been there a time or Two. I saw Gliders that their leading edges were whacked so many times that the edges were all tattered. Now Whacking one's Glider at the Coast,

Well I am guilty Myself of mismanaging My Predator. Hell a couple of times I skidded to a Stop while still Prone, can You say: "LATE TO THE DANCE", and how I was a total Bonehead! In fact a landing that I am ashamed of was filmed at Lake McClure. But I can life with having come to a stop in the undignified position of still being Prone. But too Whack! Whacking My Predator would make Me Cry. Whacking one's Glider How does that happen? Yes Whacking Your Glider is a Sin!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 am

Well Iaih 40.31 Says it in plane English; "Dare to Soar" . To follow up on this commandment in the Bible. I will indeed Soar again. For when I impacted the Ground over in Concord California. Yes I hit the ground Harder than a Human should impact the Ground and expect to live. But I was after all a Pilot, a Predator Pilot at that. Well I refused to Die! Yes I had an shattered Eye Socket, and I Sheered Brain Axons. Doctors wrote Me off as a Totalled Person. They said things like He will never regain more Brain Function than a Potato, that I would never walk again. Well these Days I jog when I go over to say Bud's House, or to the back Garage. Well I say to You Guys this Sunday Morning; I will Fly again. In fact John and I have a plan to do some Flying this Spring. I have been thinking about a possible upcoming XC Flight that I hope to Make. I Want to make a; "DECLARED GOAL FLIGHT" from our favorite Bay Area Mountain Site. That where I will Declare before I will Fly to a Place where I will Land that is at least a Hundred Mikes awAy. I mean to be real. a Hundred Mile Flight is not such a Big Deal these Days. But to Fly asn Flight to Goal that is 100 Miles or More. That flight would/Will be cool!

Disclaimer:

Ok Bob I know that any talk. talk about Flying XC is frowned upon on this Site. But heck Flying is Flying Correct? So if so, You might just have to Ban Me. Good By: Chris McKeon, The Phoenix Guy Who will be in The Sky.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:48 am

Well that would Be Isaiah 430. Is that cool ? 2000 Years before Otto, they were Soaring!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:05 pm

:thumbup: Chris.

Isaiah 40:31,
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint".

Mathew 4:5:6
5. Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
6. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”

From Ghosts of Wind and Cloud by Rick Masters
We are (blurried ha)ascending Sons of God.png
We are (blurried ha)ascending Sons of God.png (190.42 KiB) Viewed 602 times

:thumbup:
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:25 am

Here's some flying ancients Chris, you're right, they were pretty smart.
Flight controls.png
Flight controls.png (286.53 KiB) Viewed 602 times

2 POD People2.png
2 POD People2.png (278.68 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Winged Mesopotamian.png
Winged Mesopotamian.png (793.29 KiB) Viewed 602 times

anunnaki-gods.jpg
anunnaki-gods.jpg (141.77 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Winged Mesos.png
Winged Mesos.png (274.4 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Winged people with a control bar.png
Winged people with a control bar.png (115.84 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Looks like they were Hang Gliders, why not?
2 Fly -in on the backside of the great pyrimid.png
2 Fly -in on the backside of the great pyrimid.png (158.03 KiB) Viewed 602 times

:wave:
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:55 am

You know since I Pounded back in 2010. I have had a lot of time to reflect on My Flying. Thoughts such as will I ever Fly again, of course I will Fly again. I mean I have Flown again. I had two Flights in a Grobe Two Place Sailplane. I do not know how well that Grobe compares regarding Performance compared to other Sailplanes. Heck for all I know a Grobe is a Dog. But I was impressed! Performance wise That Grobe in Speed and Glide would annihilate the best performing Hang Glider, Wow what a Glider! I only experienced a little issue with PIO, that after those two Flights was quickly beginning to Be a Memory. You know after I have become Wealthy, I very well Might get into Sailplanes. As we all know. We try to extend our Horizons when we Fly XC. I can only imagine how Well One could extend One's Horizon Flying a Sailplane. After My second Flight in that Grobe, I told Mike S to hold His Head up, stick Your Chest out, be Proud. For I flew the entire Flight. And I also "Stuck the Landing" So what We did not Fly XC, We will Fly XC on My Third Flight in a Sailplane. Mike saidl "That I was aggressive"

So in the; Here and Now, this Spring John and I will get together so that I will be able to Demonstrate to John that I can still Fly. That way I will be able to earn My Ratings back.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:18 am

Chris, talk about "Sticking the landing".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRFp_XmEvs&t=199s

What a cool glider wing.

For you engineer types.
Hmm...radio controlled servos acting like "tip spoilers" on a hang glider, ever been tried?
Next stop "brain controlled" servos, ha..

Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:51 am

Craig Muhonen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRFp_XmEvs&t=199s

What a cool glider wing.

Wow! Four minutes in one toss ... from level ground! Thanks for the cool video Craig.    :thumbup:

When I was an active RC flyer, I thought a discus launch glider like that would be good fun and good exercise. But they were pretty expensive and not easily found in the local hobby stores. I ended up with 2 foam "Easy Gliders" instead. Here's a picture of me with my RC mentor Parviz.

Bob_Parviz_480.png
Bob_Parviz_480.png (242.96 KiB) Viewed 574 times

I'm sure I have a better version of that picture, but I was able to find that one from the USHPA article that John Heiney wrote about the day that I flew all 4 glider types (HG,PG,RC,SP) at Torrey Pines. I've attached the article from August of 2007 below. That reminds me that I should continue updating the Torrey Hawks Pilot Profiles topic.
Attachments
200807BK.pdf
(294.47 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics