Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Ushpa Member Statistics up to July 2019

Postby dhmartens » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 pm

https://www.ushpa.org/page/org-stats

Lots of charts that tell it like it is.
Also:
"...USHPA highlights from 2019:
USHPA secured a $120,000 VA grant to provide introductory tandem flights and training up to the H2/P2 level for disabled veterans.
Along with PASA and Recreation RRG, we established a commission program beginning January 2020 to give back to instructors and schools bringing new members into the organization.
We started holding remote monthly board meetings to more efficiently and effectively address issues, and opened the meetings to member attendance.
We've worked to increase support and resources, including instructor and chapter outreach and online materials such as an updated Site Management Guide to assist members in gaining and preserving site access.
..."
dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ushpa Member Statistics up to July 2019

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:31 am

dhmartens wrote:https://www.ushpa.org/page/org-stats

USHxA_Membership_1972_to_2019.png
USHxA_Membership_1972_to_2019.png (81.56 KiB) Viewed 4801 times

USHxA_Membership_2009_to_2019.png
USHxA_Membership_2009_to_2019.png (69.68 KiB) Viewed 4801 times

USHxA_Membership_by_Age.png
USHxA_Membership_by_Age.png (82.77 KiB) Viewed 4801 times

Observations:

1. The peak year for hang gliding membership was 1989 with over 8000 members.
  2. Current hang gliding membership is about 2700. That's the lowest since 1973.
  3. The decline in hang gliding is strikingly similar to the rise of paragliding.
  4. The aging of hang gliding reflects the lack of replacement since paragliding.
It is indisputable that the sport of hang gliding has suffered as a result of paragliding. Where is the national organization that is dedicated to reversing this trend? It's certainly not USHPA.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:36 am

USHPA highlights from 2019 wrote:USHPA secured a $120,000 VA grant to provide introductory tandem flights and training up to the H2/P2 level for disabled veterans.

It would be interesting to know if they are disproportionately pushing paragliding on veterans.

USHPA highlights from 2019 wrote:Along with PASA and Recreation RRG, we established a commission program beginning January 2020 to give back to instructors and schools bringing new members into the organization.

Sounds like the government - proudly "giving back" only a fraction of what they took from you.

USHPA highlights from 2019 wrote:We started holding remote monthly board meetings to more efficiently and effectively address issues, and opened the meetings to member attendance.

Translation: The U.S. Hawks open Board meetings have shamed USHPA into at least some reforms. By the way, has the 2009 Accountability Amendment been passed yet?

USHPA highlights from 2019 wrote:We've worked to increase support and resources, including instructor and chapter outreach and online materials such as an updated Site Management Guide to assist members in gaining and preserving site access.

Right, as long as the chapter in question isn't the Torrey Hawks which tried to establish fair representation for hang gliding pilots at Torrey Pines.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:38 pm

dhmartens wrote:Along with PASA and Recreation RRG, we established a commission

dhmartens,

I think it's fair to ask: What is your position at ushpa?
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Sam!!!

It's raining cats and dogs here in Southern California.
I hope you're having better weather in Leakey!!!
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhmartens » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:28 pm

"dhmartens I think it's fair to ask: What is your position at ushpa?"

Alright here it is brace yourselves:

I am a paid member and a voting member.

I voted for these two and they were just elected into the new reorganized BOD.
Jugdeep Aggarwal
Steven Pearson

Steve Pearson:
http://forum.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=11818
He hits Joe Greblo in that video.

Jugdeep Aggarwal:
I voted for a paraglider pilot because he is local to California and I can sue him in the state to get BobK reinstated.
Jugdeep has an impressive resume where he manages "Drama" and get things done, including going flying.
He will not like being burdened by legal drama as I am preparing the skills needed to take him and Ushpa on.
"Since late August I Filed nearly 1,300 Lawsuits and basically won them all except 1 and the last one is directed at Kenichiro Yoshida,The president and CEO of Sony Global." If I can bring him down like I did Bernard Ebbers then Jugdeep and Ushpa will find a way to reinstate BobK rather than endure the drama about to beset it self on them".

dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Doug!!!

Your intentions may be noble, but the culture at USHPA is so corrupt that it has assimilated otherwise good people like Jugdeep Aggarwal, Ken Andrews, Alan Crouse, Andy Beem, Rob McKenzie and even Joe Greblo (among many others). Any of them are influential at USHPA and any of them could have stood up and spoken out about the 5 years this month that I have not been able to fly at USHPA monopoly sites. They have all remained silent participants just like the "good" people of Salem Massachusetts and Nazi Germany. Aside from Joe Greblo's endorsement of my flight skills and conduct, show me where any of them have spoken publicly about the impropriety of USHPA's retaliation for my testimony. They have not. They all own their own slice of guilt. The guilt itself forces them to further justify their silence. It's a sad commentary on human behavior. All it takes for evil to thrive is for "good" people to do nothing.

But today is Thanksgiving, and I am thankful for those who have spoken up.

Thanks to each of you.   :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Bob ! :salute:
Hope you got a full belly today. I've seen you at the dinner table and know you can put away some good food :)

And to all Hawks

Doug,
Sincerely, I wish you good luck in any legal efforts against u$hPa.
Honestly, I think you wasted 50% of your votes.

:wave:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhmartens » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 am

Bobk said in another post "The sport of Hang Gliding is being murdered".
Bobk said in this post something to the effect "USHawks is an organization for hang gliding"

Since Willswing and Northwing are private companies is there any way to determine if hang glider sales have fallen over the last years?
Are their sales figures published?
Ushpa says they represent Hang Gliding and Paragliding but they have a conflict of interest.
Ushpa says they are lobbying to remove the 3% tariff on imported Paragliders.
Willswing used to make paragliders but they stopped years ago.
The Domestic paragliding manufacturers are 100% all out of business crushed by cheap foreign imports and all jobs lost.
The invasion of foreign manufactured paragliders has completely destroyed all US paragliding manufacturers.
It is my guess (without sales figures) that imported paragliders are destroying domestic Hang Glider manufacturers too.
(we see the reduction in ushpa hang gliding membership)

The solution is simple - lobby congress to install a 100% to 300% tariff on all imported Paragliders.
One last thing, Ushawks is a Hang Gliding organization and represents Hang Gliding interests.

P.S.
I would like to see a projection of membership changes after heavy tariffs are levied on import paragliders.
Would the insurance pool remain viable?
Doug
dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
dhmartens wrote:https://www.ushpa.org/page/org-stats

USHxA_Membership_1972_to_2019.png

USHxA_Membership_2009_to_2019.png

USHxA_Membership_by_Age.png

Observations:

1. The peak year for hang gliding membership was 1989 with over 8000 members.
  2. Current hang gliding membership is about 2700. That's the lowest since 1973.
  3. The decline in hang gliding is strikingly similar to the rise of paragliding.
  4. The aging of hang gliding reflects the lack of replacement since paragliding.
It is indisputable that the sport of hang gliding has suffered as a result of paragliding. Where is the national organization that is dedicated to reversing this trend? It's certainly not USHPA.

================================================
but it certainly IS US HAWKS.trying to go national.(hard work) (said Craig)

Compare the big "marketing push" in 2010 by paragliding, and the seamstress who put together the foreign made and US sold paragliders.
US HAWKS , which was started around that time, as maybe a response , in my opinion.
Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics