Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

ACA (Torrey) suing Margie for posting City Council Videos

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 pm

I have been biting my tongue on this issue for some time now, but I can't be silent any longer.

The Torrey concessionaire "Air California Adventure" has recently named Margie in a defamation lawsuit because she posts true and accurate videos to the U.S. Hawks web site. Most (if not all) of Margie's videos are taken directly from the City of San Diego's own web site. Every single video depicts the true events as recorded by the impartial eye of a camera lens.

It is outrageous for Robin Marien and his lawyer (Christopher Saldana) to terrorize Margie for posting true and accurate records of the City Council meetings and any other events.

Margie does not have a depth of resources, and she cannot afford a lawyer to defend herself. This is nothing more than economic bullying by Robin Marien and Christopher Saldana. They are abusing our court system to frighten Margie into taking down all the years of video that she's posted.

This is one of the most disgusting actions yet from Robin Marien and Christopher Saldana.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ACA suing Margie for posting City Council Videos

Postby wingspan33 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Seems to me that Air California Adventure Inc. is required under the law to also sue the City of San Diego for ORIGINALLY publishing the videos that ACA doesn't like. All Margie has done is cut and paste the city videos to YouTube. But do you think Saldana (the prima dana) is going to sue the city that grants ACA a free lease on TP GliderPort?

And if he did, is the City of San Diego going to stop people from speaking at their City Council meetings? No! Because that would violate a person's Freedom of Speech! And if the City of San Diego thinks that the topics Bob and/or others bring up at their meetings are slanderous or defamatory then the many San Diego City attorneys should have stopped those kinds of comments (by any citizen) long ago.

And the other videos they don't like, . . . Well, the person doesn't take the videos, the VIDEO CAMERA takes the video! So ACA should sue the maker of the device (or devices?) that took the video. (that's partially a joke, but then again, . . .) :lolno:

I'd also like to say that what Margie did could have been done via some sophisticated programing. What she did didn't require any judgement calls related to the information that she may have transferred from one medium to another. I also don't think that Saldana can prove intent. I think HIS intent is only to harass and frighten Margie. I'll have to look up if that kind of behavior can lead to disbarment!
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:11 pm

What a shame on that City Council :evil:

:?
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:30 pm

I have heard political banter harms the fuzzy feeling camaraderie we should be seeking for the growth of hang gliding.
Shouldn't we just shut up and look the other way?
It doesn't affect my flying.
Anyone got any beer?
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 pm

If you want to know what I really think .. everyone needs to upload these videos to youtube. I've never done it before... need to learn how. We also can pitch in for legal help. This should be dismissed straight out.
Publicity of a crooked cop, unjustly enriched at the public trough, abusing a corrupt legal system to harass a tax-paying citizen exercising her right to free expression/free speech.

This topic needs a better title as ACA doesn't mean much to anyone.
We need to get the message out how this cop is ripping off the public, making millions in sweetheart deals with public officials while injuring uninformed victims for profit. USHPA supports this kind of tripe because there is a cash flow in their direction.

They don't want publicity.
Give them publicity.
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ACA (Torrey) suing Margie for posting City Council Video

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Good suggestion Free. I just inserted "(Torrey)" into the subject line to make it clearer. I personally like to separate the rotten business ("Air California Adventure") from the beautiful flying site ("Torrey Pines Gliderport"), but you are right that most people don't know who or what "ACA" is.

All your other points are also right on target, although I've been told that David Jebb (former SDPD officer) no longer "owns" ACA. It was never made clear how Robin Marien took "ownership".

As for pitching in for legal help, please feel free to send a Personal Message (PM) to Margie directly. She surely appreciates all the kind words of support in this topic. Thanks.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveSchy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 am

This seems to be something that a local San Diego lawyer would take interest in on a pro bono basis.
Judges look down on frivolous cases like this, and those who bring them.
Possibly ACLU would be interested in this.
DaveSchy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:42 am

Bob Kuczewski wrote:I have been biting my tongue on this issue for some time now, but I can't be silent any longer.

Biting your tongue is self censorship when the opposite is what is effective. why did you ever bite your tongue and for what reasoning? Publicity is what they don't want and they will use their ill gotten joy ride income to try and shut the truth from coming out. Everybody needs to know what they are doing. More publicity, more truth, more cowbell!
I haven't taught myself how to upload these videos yet. People like Blindrodie Gaar, who is a member here and also Davis Straub's pet problem child should do the right thing and post these to the Ozreport. Rodie is a video expert and sells commercial video editing software from his publicly funded employer UMKC. Jim Gaar, atone for your evildoing and do the right thing here. It may help you in the long run and it won't cost you anything. Publicize wrong doers instead of being one. Many of us can't post at either ozreport or the hg.org so the obligation to do something good falls on those like Rodie and others that post there frequently and those that can post but don't. What have you got to lose? Your posting privilege? You don't use it anyway..

The Torrey concessionaire "Air California Adventure" has recently named Margie in a defamation lawsuit because she posts true and accurate videos to the U.S. Hawks web site. Most (if not all) of Margie's videos are taken directly from the City of San Diego's own web site. Every single video depicts the true events as recorded by the impartial eye of a camera lens.

It is outrageous for Robin Marien and his lawyer (Christopher Saldana) to terrorize Margie for posting true and accurate records of the City Council meetings and any other events.

It's worse than outrageous. This is why most lawyers end up in hell.
Margie does not have a depth of resources, and she cannot afford a lawyer to defend herself. This is nothing more than economic bullying by Robin Marien and Christopher Saldana. They are abusing our court system to frighten Margie into taking down all the years of video that she's posted.

This is one of the most disgusting actions yet from Robin Marien and Christopher Saldana.

Can we get the lawsuit language posted here? Could someone set up a go-fund-me page or similar where we all could add to a defense or counter suit fund?
Are there any decent lawyers trying to get into heaven by doing the right thing?
My access to post is somewhat limited. Somebody help us out here. We need to spread the sacrifice and everybody take a whack at it.
Someone please set up a fund page. That gives more publicity to the injurious actions of the joyride concessionaire and we can all do a little part to right this wrong.
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Free wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote:I have been biting my tongue on this issue for some time now, but I can't be silent any longer.

Biting your tongue is self censorship when the opposite is what is effective. why did you ever bite your tongue and for what reasoning?

My former lawyer and several friends have advised me not to make public statements about the case.

In fact, I was in court just yesterday regarding the case, and Saldana was already complaining to the judge about my first post in this very topic!! So you can bet that Saldana and ACA are monitoring every post on this site to find anything they can use against me or Margie. The bulk of their lawsuit filing was copies of U.S. Hawks posts.

Free wrote:Publicity is what they don't want and they will use their ill gotten joy ride income to try and shut the truth from coming out. Everybody needs to know what they are doing. More publicity, more truth, more cowbell!

You are absolutely right on all counts. Their entire lawsuit (against me since 2015, and against Margie since last week) is their attempt to suppress the information about how they are conducting their lucrative business on our public land..

Free wrote:I haven't taught myself how to upload these videos yet.

Start by uploading to YouTube. Once your videos are on YouTube, I can easily show you how to put them in your posts.

Free wrote:Can we get the lawsuit language posted here?

There are legal and technical challenges, but I'm looking into both.

Free wrote:Could someone set up a go-fund-me page or similar where we all could add to a defense or counter suit fund?

I've given Margie some encouragement to do this. But she may feel that it's a form of "begging", and I understand that perspective.

Free wrote:Are there any decent lawyers trying to get into heaven by doing the right thing?

Yes, there are some very good lawyers and human beings in the world. I've been helped by a number of them already. But they are not common, and they have their own bills to pay. I have been grateful for their help.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby majiemae » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Thank you so much for all the kinds words and suggestions regarding this lawsuit.
I'm still not sure how to deal with the whole thing, but emotional support is so greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
majiemae
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics