Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Hang gliding is in more trouble than I thought.

Postby Frank Colver » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:12 am

I suggest you find out if CSSD has the Carnegie course on "How to Win Friends and Influence people"? If they do, please enroll as soon as possible. It could change your life.

Well, I guess having no respect works both ways, Bob. And to think, I actually stood up for the friendship I thought we had when I was communicating with Jack. That's all "water the bridge now".

I guess the letters were not big enough, I said: GIVE IT A REST, BOB!

Looking forward to: USHGA.aero

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:51 am

Frank Colver wrote:I suggest you find out if CSSD has the Carnegie course on "How to Win Friends and Influence people"?

How well did that approach work with USHPA?
How well did that approach work with Jack?
Come to think of it, how well did it work with Hitler?

The key to using any tool (whether it be diplomacy or bombers) is knowing when it's the appropriate tool for the job. There's a time for war and a time for peace. You tried your diplomacy in both cases and it failed. Then you just gave up. What does that tell you?

Frank Colver wrote:And to think, I actually stood up for the friendship I thought we had when I was communicating with Jack. That's all "water the bridge now".

Publish the dialog and we'll take a look at it. I could have told you (and probably did) that you won't be successful "behind the scenes" because you're not dealing with honorable people. They want you to stay "behind the scenes" because that's their home turf.

Frank Colver wrote:I guess the letters were not big enough,

They will never be big enough because angry yelling cannot defeat calm logic. No justice, no peace.

Frank Colver wrote:Looking forward to: USHGA.aero

Me too. I wonder how well you'll defend it when the bullets start flying. As well as you did with USHGRS?

As I said earlier, if you were half as fearless and vocal with the real culprits in these injustices (Jack and Forbes) as you are with me, you might have gotten somewhere. It's still not too late to take that course. The only thing in the way of doing a 180 is your pride. A lot of good pilots are no longer with us for that same reason. Please think it through. I've called you several times, but you haven't returned my calls. If you'd rather blast away here on the forum, that's your choice. Eventually your font size won't fit on the page.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Red » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:20 am

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Frank Colver wrote:Remember I had a lot of email conversations with Mark, back when I was trying to get you back into USHPA as an "insurance only" member.
I do remember. You made a perfectly good suggestion and you got shot down. Then you renewed your USHPA again like nothing ever happened. You also made perfectly good suggestions about Joe being banned. Again, you were shot down and now continue on as if nothing ever happened.
Just as with Red (since you brought him up), you're willing to accept injustices as long as you get what you want. I'm sorry, but that's a moral tradeoff that I cannot respect. Both you and Red go ballistic when I say these things because you know they're true. I'm sorry to have to say this, but I think you're making a terrible deal with the Devil just to get what you want.
Frank,
Yeah, Frank, Bob does freely attack people who do not do his bidding. His attacks on me are not based on a simple case of right and wrong, no matter what Bob may think. It is a case of two good choices, and one of them MUST get my priority. I have chosen a very simple agenda. Bob uses a propaganda technique called the "straw man" to reduce my agenda to what he calls "helpful hints" and then tries to minimize my work as such. He is very wrong about that. He is entitled to his opinions, even though they are wrong. Propaganda is no substitute for clear reasoning.

Bob's "Wall of Shame" post is nothing short of public cyber-bullying. It is shameful, but the shame goes mostly to him, and to this web site. If he wishes to run folks off in droves, this is exactly how it is done.

My agenda is to help new HG pilots to realize when they have a bad instructor, or get bad advice, and possibly they may be thinking that they must accept the bad hand of cards with no alternatives. If my "advice" website can help just ONE pilot to avoid a lifelong wheelchair, or a bedridden and hopeless existence, or maybe even an early grave, then I am happy to contribute to their dreams, and to their safety. I will follow the simple rules of any website that allows me a speaking platform, and even tolerate the BS attacks that I get here from Bob, to continue with my agenda. Sadly, U.S. Hawks is not a high platform, but any platform is better than none, for my purposes.

I know, Bob wants everybody to feel that the only "right" choice is to fight against the injustices of *his* life. That selfish view may or may not be a good cause, but I have chosen a larger cause, and that choice was made long before I met Bob. He is still healthy; he can just walk away from his self-inflicted disputes and go flying. I am more engaged in the health and safety of others, very many others, and I refuse to abandon them to the darkness. No brag just fact, but I get email from across the globe, and typically there will be some statement with terms like "revelation" or "street-smarts," and thanks in various degrees. One Norwegian website copied and pasted much of my web page, but without citing the source. They recently removed my words from their website, rather than simply adding a byline, but at least now they have added a link to my site. Hey, I'm an easy-going guy. 8-)

Bob will probably continue his attacks on me, and the world. I steadfastly refuse to do his bidding, and I totally reject his "judgment" on the right and wrong of my choices. I would regret that he attacks you, too, but remember always, that the guy slinging mud is really losing ground. I believe that you and Joe have done important work, lifelong, and no one guy can diminish your contributions. Best wishes.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Free advice, maybe worth the price,
for new and low-airtime HG pilots, on my web page . . .

https://user.xmission.com/~red/
Red
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 am

Red,

As with Frank, you say things here that you would never say to Jack because you fear Jack's wrath. You feed and reward his abuses with your silence. You cannot deny that fact.

Red wrote:I know, Bob wants everybody to feel that the only "right" choice is to fight against the injustices of *his* life.

Red, I did lobby for your help with my own situation for many years. I did it privately. But just as with Dave Beardslee's banning at Torrey, I believe we owe a higher duty when we see others being abused. Joe's banning was inexcusable, and your wall of excuses are just that: excuses.

You criticize slinging mud ... while you sling mud. The fact that any members of the U.S. Hawks can speak their minds here (as you've just done) is known as "free speech". The fact that only Jack can do so on hanggliding.org is known as "censorship" (or worse).

As for "cyber bullying" your actions betray your outrage. Every day you post to a site that advertises a "Bob Kuczewski and Scott Wise" rule. Where is your outrage over that?

The U.S. Hawks was formed to combat cyber bullying and one of the ways of doing so is exposing the circumstances and people who allow it to continue. You'll gain some credibility on that front when you post a wall of text on Jack's site criticizing Jack as you just did here. The same goes for Frank.

Checkmate.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Frank Colver wrote:
AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB? OH MY GOD! THIS IS SICK, SICK, SICK! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Thank you blindroady for turning on the light.

There's part of the problem, if Blindroady turned on your light.

Blindroady is all about "AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB"!
After he stole my Dragonfly, he (as self appointed temporary manager of so called flight park) ruled
that 'no tug pilot of his' was ever going to give me a tow even if I paid the going rate like everyone else.
Shine the light on that. Plus the new web site and message board for the area was locked out to me by boss hog GAAR.
Everyone allowed to tow behind the Dragonfly stolen from me belonged to an EXCLUSIVE CLUB that I was not allowed to belong to.

Like Bob told you.. swimming with sharks.

That said, I think Bob is a little (lot) tough on you and Red. They might have trained that into him in the service to this country.
It's not good to get on the wrong side of a Ranger..
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby magentabluesky » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Army - Navy game about to start.

Remember they fight for the same cause.
magentabluesky
Michael Grisham
magentabluesky
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:12 pm

magentabluesky wrote:Army - Navy game about to start.

The key word there is "fight". Sometimes that's what it takes. Sometimes you have to draw a line and defend it. Sometimes you have to stick with your team even when it might be more fun to be on the other side.

Lot's of good football analogies there.

Enjoy the game!!   :wave:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm thinking the rub that some have with the 'wall o' shame' is that it was a flat out unilateral declaration of guilt without a proper trial.
It left out deliberations by membership and chance for the accused to defend themselves.
A proper trial would have been more diplomatic and everyone could argue their points or objections before the actual hanging.
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:20 pm

The wall of Shame is one man's opinion - mine. Unlike Jack's hanggliding.org, other opinions are allowed. But that includes mine too!!

Free wrote:A proper trial would have been more diplomatic and everyone could argue their points or objections before the actual hanging.

Care to serve on jury duty?   :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:22 pm

magentabluesky wrote:Army - Navy game about to start.

Money is the "cause" for football.
Ranger pay is not the same, as far as I can tell.
Free
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics