Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: July 26th, 2017

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Bill wrote:Thought I was kidding HUH?
I had to switch fingers already. My plan might not work.
I had no idea how fatiguing a poised finger could be. :oops:

Blame it on Bill when we institute a repetitive stress injury waiver to use the U.S.Hawks forum.

:srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:

P.S. I moved that duplicate post to the storage bin because it looked like a mistake (possibly by the NSA). Please let me know if you want it back.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Bill wrote:Thought I was kidding HUH?
I had to switch fingers already. My plan might not work.
I had no idea how fatiguing a poised finger could be. :oops:

Blame it on Bill when we institute a repetitive stress injury waiver to use the U.S.Hawks forum.

:srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:

P.S. I moved that duplicate post to the storage bin because it looked like a mistake (possibly by the NSA). Please let me know if you want it back.

No! We're good! Thanks for making it look like I'm not such a screw up. It's been a tough job for me hiding the fact!
Can't type now. On another tab I've hacked three encrypted levels into the NSA's keystroke storage database looking for information on the upcoming hang gliding breaking news information. :ugeek:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:21 pm

The Hawk may be a baby now, but...
...you have to wait until Monday for the rest.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Geez Bill, don't you have something better to do, like go fly a kite?

BTW - I will post video as soon as I can Monday evening. But if it doesn't happen until Tuesday, it will be because I'm stuck in SoCal traffic. :(

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Sorry to give it all away, but I know what makes the date so important! :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

It's the one month* anniversary of Bob K flying for the first time in New York State! :clap: :salute: :clap: :salute: :clap: :salute:

And Monday will be the one month anniversary of me posting about the event. :D :) 8-)

I don't know why Bob has to be soooooooooo melodramatic about all this. :roll:

Or why all the :shh: Hush-Hush about it :shh: .

It's almost as if no one ever flew a hang glider in NYS before! :o :shock: :o :shock:

Man-o-Man!

* Anyone who knows Bob knows he can't count accurately - so what if he's off by two days! Plus, it could be that jet lag :twisted: is partially to blame. :wtf:

wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:30 am

Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:16 pm

:yawn:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:57 pm

I think the jet lag I mentioned above is still in effect.

Come on Bob, admit this is all about the one month anniversary of flying in NYS. 8-) :thumbup:

BTW - On his way back west after visiting New York (and PA) I think Bob landed at LAX. Since that's even further west than San Diego (Bob's final destination) then - those of us who know these things - the jet lag I've referred to ends up being doubled. Stretching things a bit we could call it the Dockweiler effect (since it's so close to LAX).

Poor Bob. As a result, he's even forgotten to inform us about the true relevance of that 7/26/17 date.

wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Frank Colver wrote:You will all know what this news is after Monday.

ALERT: It will not be "fake news". :srofl:

FC

whimper --- Oh No ---- sniff he said,
AFTER MONDAY.
:crazy:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:51 pm

I was hoping to make a more lavish announcement, but after a long day of flying I'm too tired to write much.

On July 26th, 2017, the County of Los Angeles issued written permission for 3 pilots to fly at Dockweiler Beach without requiring USHPA membership or USHPA insurance. Those 3 pilots (in alphabetical order by last name) are:

- Frank Colver
- Joe Faust
- Bob Kuczewski

The permission to use the site for hang gliding activities required a signed waiver with the County and is limited to the hours between sunrise and sunset on days that the concession (WindSports) is not using the site - currently Mondays and Tuesdays. We flew there today (Monday, July 31st, 2017) in accordance with that permission.

In order to obtain this permission, several meetings were held to discuss the need for this decision. Among the arguments presented were:

1. The County should not require membership in any private organizations (such as USHPA) in order for public use of public land.

2. The County should not require membership in any organization (such as USHPA) that expels members for legal testimony in a court of law.

3. The County should not require membership in any organization (such as USHPA) that expels members for making legai public statements to their local government.

4. The County should not require membership in any organization (such as USHPA) that expels members for creating competing organizations.

There is some disagreement among today's flyers as to which of these arguments was most persuasive in the County's decision. But there is no disagreement that the County's decision was correct.

This decision is limited to Dockweiler Beach, but I believe the principles are applicable to all flying sites on public land in the United States. Time will tell.

I look forward to posting my pictures from today's flying, and I hope others will also. It was a great - and historic - day. :)
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics