Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Hello US Hawks!!

Postby Henry » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 pm

JoeF wrote:Welcome Henry!
Liking your 30' hill practice. For me, such is much more than practice; the opportunity to have many launches and landings is upping joy. The physical exercise and challenge to fine-tune senses relative to wing and relative wind is challenging and fun. Your intro qualifies you to an ever-open membership in Friends of Dockweiler Gliding Society.

Henry's Hill ??? Image

Joe....haha that's pretty similar to my hill, except mine is green! :mrgreen:

I actually don't mind the up and down as much, but during hot days it can get very tiring.
Henry
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello - New Member Here

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:10 am

Henry wrote:Hello US Hawks.

My name is Henry. I'm an H-2 pilot from New York and started hang gliding last summer. To date I've practiced take-offs and landing via a 30' hill in my local club area and have practiced air skills via scootertow to about 100' (relatively short flights). On the education side I've read Dennis Pageans Hang gliding Instruction Manual and info in other forum stuff and Q&As with my instructor.

I've read some of the posts in this form and I find them very direct and informative. I look forward to bouncing ideas off of each other.

Thanks

Welcome to the US Hawks Henry!!!!

We're not the biggest forum on the web, but we've got some great pilots with lots of depth and experience. We're also very happy to help bring new people along in the sport. Please feel at home here, and don't be afraid to ask us anything.

Fly Safe, and Welcome again to the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 am

Hey Henry, --- How will I remember, at my age 66, that the new US Hawks pilot from New York is named, Tom, --- wait that’s not right --- it Henry. Okay now let’s see --- Henry is a H2 so that makes you Henry the Second, King of the hill in New Jersey. I think I’ve got it. (I find it very important to get things right the first time otherwise I’m messed up forever.)

Heat in New York with all the humidity can be worse than twenty degrees warmer in New Mexico with only eight percent relative humidity. The trouble here is that it’s been over 100 degrees during the day for over -- I‘ll have to
Google that. That keeps the glider in the garage and me on the keyboard.

I drove for Robin Hastings a couple days ago and he had a little over an hour flight at Dry Canyon, Alamogordo, New Mexico (USA) (right near where you live as I recall.)

So if you have any questions or forgot something about hang gliding just ask the collections of old time pilots that we have here at the US Hawks.

We collectively have all the knowledge that any H3 from New Brunswick could want.

Robin may be driving for me tomorrow if the wind is right. (And we don’t get lost again.) :? :shh: :shifty:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Henry » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Hey Bill, funny you mention Henry the Second, though I prefer Henry the Eight...he was much more interesting.

Anyhow, yup the humidity here is pretty unbearable, fortunately to date it has been relatively cool. I hope it stays this way for July 4th weekend.

Regardless, rain or shine or humidity I'm going to Ellenville this weekend to get away from the city. There is a nice small camping area by the LZ with a nice little stream (the stuff dreams are made of :).
Henry
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Greetings from an old timer

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 am

Henry wrote:Regardless, rain or shine or humidity I'm going to Ellenville this weekend to get away from the city. There is a nice small camping area by the LZ with a nice little stream (the stuff dreams are made of :).

That sounds super Henry!!!!    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a great weekend, and fly safe!    :thumbup:
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings from an old timer

Postby Harry » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 am

Hi all,

Just found this forum.
Still flying.
Still alive.
Still having a good time.
Still cartooning.
Still have my Ball 500 Vario, Fledge 2, and WW Sport 150.

Cheers!
Harry Martin
Fear is not boring, the stupid shall be punished
Harry
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 am

Welcome Harry!!!!

I just visited your web site at: http://www.harrymartincartoons.com/category/hanggliding/, and your talent shines brightly. :clap:

Please feel free to post any of your work here on the US Hawks!! :thumbup:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 am

Harry,
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome,
I have loved your cartoons over the years.
I still remember the launch potato during the up cycle that shows cow, trees, and maybe a tractor lifting off but the guy on launch is still there. Then you get to see why. His toes are through his shoes and the toes have a good hold on the world.

Bob, Tell Harry how to set up his own blog here.
PS edit: Harry was it you that had the one with the power VG that had the switch stick on and wrap the wing around the pinion gear? (second edit->) :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am

Harry-
FANTASTIC!!!
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Greetings from an old timer

Postby brianscharp » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:23 am

I too was at your site yesterday trying to track down "Dense Pages". I was going to try and post it in the now locked down oz thread.
I'm a fan.
brianscharp
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics