WAY OFF SUBLECT HELP , INFORMATION REQUEST.

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

WAY OFF SUBLECT HELP , INFORMATION REQUEST.

Postby Chris McKeon » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:09 am

OK I fully realize that I am off Topic with these Thoughts. But without My Mother there would never of been Me this Pilot who absolutely loves His Predator. See My Mother Has Dementia quit Badly. She has memory to speak of, She is Bed riddenm, etc.

My Queastion is; Does anyone know of any trweat ment that can be done?
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: WAY OFF SUBLECT HELP , INFORMATION REQUEST.

Postby Craig Muhonen » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:48 pm

:salute:

Chris, this may or may not help your mother, but give it a try

Google, "bone conduction" and,
Get an acoustic guitar, (you might tune the guitar to A-432 as it is softer than A-440),
learn some "love song" chords, then sit next to her and have her place her hand(s) on it while you play a whole range of chords. What kind of music does she like? She will "feel" every note that you play, and her eyes will tell you when she likes it, you have hit a resonate frequency, so stay there and experiment.

Some forms of dementia are due to unresolved hearing loss over time,
especially if there is hearing in only one ear, if that's the case your mom will not be able to locate and sypher sounds which seem to be coming all around and all the time.
Utterly confusing.
I know because I have been SSD (Single Sided Deaf). Possible "sheering" of neurons when I got "whacked" by a load of granite slabs 12 years ago.

She may/will, turn her good ear towards the sound.
She may have good eyesight so she will be watching your hands play and your rethemes, watch carefully the corners of her eyes and the corners of her mouth, they tell all I think, and keeping the hands busy (if she can) is a help.

Good luck with your search for perfection and your mom, and let us know how it goes.

Here is something for you Chris since you are getting your left hand and fingers back in shape.
I listened to this man play and sing when he was 14, his body is one with his machine.

"God is Alive, Magic is Afoot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPb4AQFpbTU

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 am

Warning: Ok in this response I will by using MyKey Board interject some Humor. I have come to learn that some People do not Realize that what when You You Type Typing a thought that is meant to be Humorous People do not get the Humor they tend to take what You typed as a real Statement. There for When I will type something that is Meant as a Humorous statement, I will type "H" preceding each sentence that does indeed contain something that I mean to come across as humorful, OK?

Gregg thanks for posting that Video Clip. I play My Guitars all the time, I have an Acoustic, I also have an Gibson SG. I also have Marshal One Hundred Watt and Cabinet. I have an Aliases that can be used in Conjunction with My 100 Watt Amp, so that You do not Blow the Windows ow Your House when You Play a Couple of Power Chords. Yea an Aliases gives You the Ability to make sound with a nice tone while At the same Time. You literally do not Blow the Windows out of Your House. I play My Acoustic the Most. But I also Play My SG acoustically. "H" I only want to become as good a Guitar Player as Angus Young. "H" Maybe when I get as Good as Angus Young, I will quite Playing Guitar altogether.

My Mother's hearing has descended to the Point where it is almost impossible to communicate with Her. I have already tied taking say My acoustic Guitar into her Bedroom and Playing. But she does not does not hear My playing.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:17 am

Chris wrote,
"it is almost impossible to communicate with Her"
almost

Craig wrote,
Here is something that Rick Masters turned me on to a couple of years ago, and was a God send.
A Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones ($50) that are paired up by Bluetooth to my Samsung 7 android phone and my Kindle Fire 7 tablet , and a Wooger Strap.

Woojer is a pioneer in the field of haptic technology with a fundamental patent portfolio and products that deliver high fidelity tactile sensation which reproduce the rich emotion of sound.

If your mom will wear this simple technology that transfers sound via vibrations directly to her brain and body,
with nothing "IN" or covering her ears, she might get the full quality of your voice and your guitar. (play it loud). If you sit in front of her eyeball to eyeball, and speak over the phone, she may understand better which helps the communication skills. She knows your voice and wants to talk to you, but she can't hear you, so if your voice is coming through bone conduction headphones, she actually "feels" you, and sees your eyes, and may respond.
It has been fun for me to listen to my music this way and it is crystal clear, I've never listened to voices and music so carefully. You'd like it if you had this set up, and I hope you and your mom can have fun with it too.

Part of Dementia is not having someone to talk to.

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:12 am

Ok I have a Problem. For I had the Realise Form For Dockweiler. But i have not been able to find tt. Could Someone send Me a Name, and an Address? It is one thing to Know thast upon My having made Goal and having landed that I will undoubtedly be harassed. I do not want to put up being harassed while I set up My Glider. If I have a signed Form I will be good to go when dealing with Hostiles while s=seatting up.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:35 am

Chris McKeon wrote:Ok I have a Problem. For I had the Realise Form For Dockweiler. But i have not been able to find tt. Could Someone send Me a Name, and an Address? It is one thing to Know thast upon My having made Goal and having landed that I will undoubtedly be harassed. I do not want to put up being harassed while I set up My Glider. If I have a signed Form I will be good to go when dealing with Hostiles while s=seatting up.

https://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 565#p31565
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:01 pm

OK here I am sitting om the Ground, another Say spent in the Gravity secured Penitentiary Prison that We all Live in. I realize that I might come across as a Patheatic HG Pilot. A Pilot, Heck, as of this coming March 28th. It will have been 13 Years since My last Flight. I sound off talking about Flying again. I have not Flown Thirteen Years for Me anyways is an Eternity. along the way through My ongoing recovery. I have had My share of oh no not again Moments. I used to While Driving Golf Balls. FRom Time to time, I would swing the My driver, I would loose My Balance then Fall Down. I not making that up. I really did experience a few falls. Worse than that I fell Down while from time to Time while simply walking on Flat Ground. I no longer fall while walking on Flat Ground. In fact the Last time My But hit the ground was when one day I was squatting, siting down with My weight resting on the back of My Thighs that were Contacting My Calves. I let My weight go too far reward and I rolled onto My But. This kind of a miss q I can deal with Spasticity be Damned. But walking along on flat ground then falling really sucked.

So at this point and time it does seem as though I will never Fly again. But I still have the Desire. Yes I simply crave the thought of Flying again.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Free Speech Zone / Off-Mission Discussions