Tad Eareckson bans Swift for position on Global Warming

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

Tad Eareckson bans Swift for position on Global Warming

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 pm

This is about as crazy as it gets. :crazy:

It appears that Tad Eareckson just banned Swift from the "kitestrings.org" forum because Swift took the "wrong" side on the global warming debate. :shock: :crazy:

From http://www.kitestrings.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33&p=11634#p11634:

Tad Eareckson wrote:I'm about to make this tiny little forum a bit smaller.

:

Swift...
Zack C - 2010/11/23 05:23:34 UTC

The purpose of Kite Strings is to foster serious discussion regarding the practices and technologies of modern hang gliding. This is a forum ruled by science, truth, facts, reason, and logic. Anyone with a respect for these principles and a willingness to learn and engage in rational discussion is welcome to participate.

I'm rather reluctantly pulling your plug. I'm sure it won't cramp your style much - seeing as how the last time you were even logged in was 2012/12/21 19:30:35 UTC - but I'm not having anyone inventing his own grotesquely warped arithmetic to support his own grotesquely warped and ultra lethal political agenda and ignoring all attempts at rational dialog.

And I'd be delighted to reconnect you in the event... But I won't be holding my CO2 enriched breath for very long.

But it does get even crazier. Swift wasn't banned for comments he made on "kitestrings.org" (which he hadn't done since 2012). No, he was banned for comments he made on the Oz Report Forum - a totally different forum!!!

Not only has Tad Eareckson become Jack Axaopolous, but he's now become the "internet thought police" tracking down what his members might say in any corner of the internet.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Tad Eareckson bans Swift for position on Global Warming

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:02 pm

For posterity, this is the full text of Tad's post where he banned Swift. Since I'm banned myself, it's not easy for me to capture the text with proper quoting and formatting preserved. So this is just the raw text copied from the topic.

From http://www.kitestrings.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33&p=11634#p11634:

Re: The Bob Show

by Tad Eareckson » 2019/07/27 22:20:25 UTC

1. It's a quality/quantity Inverse Square Law thing. And hang gliding has been on that path since Day One. And that will NEVER change for as long as what's left of the sport continues to exist at some measurable level.

And I'm about to make this tiny little forum a bit smaller.

2. We still have a planet? When was the last time you checked?

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60132
Best Plan to Save Sport of Hang Gliding

Nathanflies_ - 2019/07/27 15:58:22 UTC

Co2

Ummm, here is what happens when you increase co2 to our food. It is NOT plant FERTILIZERhttp://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180806.htm this is sourced from Harvard research if you want to claim that isn't good enough go ahead but after this please go back to effin topic I did NOT TYPE ALL THAT CRAP OUT ABOUT SAILPLANES CURRENT SYSTEM OF TRAINING FOR YOU OLD FAT CATS TO JUST RAMBLE ON OFF TOPIC ALL DAY when last I checked not many of us are atmospheric scientists so we are all just arm chairing it!!!

It is NOT plant FERTILIZER...

And if it were we'd already be seeing:
- substantially increased yield per acre
- greenhouses using levels cranked up beyond what fossil fuel burning has gifted us to this point

... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180806.htm this is sourced from Harvard research...

It won't matter.

...if you want to claim that isn't good enough go ahead but after this please go back to effin topic...

Neither will this.

...I did NOT TYPE ALL THAT CRAP OUT ABOUT SAILPLANES CURRENT SYSTEM OF TRAINING...

1. Using sentences and punctuation.
2. Try typing out what sailplanes use for weaklinks and what they use them to do for them for a dozen years and see where that gets you.

... FOR YOU OLD FAT CATS...

"Old" you definitely got right. We're not bringing new people into the sport.

...TO JUST RAMBLE ON OFF TOPIC ALL DAY...

It's an EXTREMELY RELEVANT topic.

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36488
weather changes

Mike Bomstad - 2019/06/26 14:47:51 UTC

This is the worst season since Ive been flying.
Very odd weather, unreliable forecasts. Unusual wind velocities and directions .
We broke the planet

when last I checked not many of us are atmospheric scientists so we are all just arm chairing it!!!

Then why did you post:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180806.htm
As CO2 levels climb, millions at risk of nutritional deficiencies -- ScienceDaily

Scientists do the research, draw the conclusions, peer review themselves, publish their findings in terms society at large is supposed to be able to understand. And I compose virtually one hundred percent of my contributions to Kite Strings from an armchair and have only been around any actual hang gliders once since the spring of 2009 and I'm not seeing how that's had any bearing on the validity of what I'm saying. Compare/Contrast with Jim Keen-Intellect Rooney over the breadth of his career.

Swift...

Zack C - 2010/11/23 05:23:34 UTC

The purpose of Kite Strings is to foster serious discussion regarding the practices and technologies of modern hang gliding. This is a forum ruled by science, truth, facts, reason, and logic. Anyone with a respect for these principles and a willingness to learn and engage in rational discussion is welcome to participate.

I'm rather reluctantly pulling your plug. I'm sure it won't cramp your style much - seeing as how the last time you were even logged in was 2012/12/21 19:30:35 UTC - but I'm not having anyone inventing his own grotesquely warped arithmetic to support his own grotesquely warped and ultra lethal political agenda and ignoring all attempts at rational dialog.

And I'd be delighted to reconnect you in the event... But I won't be holding my CO2 enriched breath for very long.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:22 am

Bob Kuczewski wrote:This is about as crazy as it gets. :crazy:

It appears that Tad Eareckson just banned Swift from the "kitestrings.org" forum because Swift took the "wrong" side on the global warming debate. :shock: :crazy:

Tad Eareckson wrote:No Bob. Tad Eareckson just banned Swift from the "kitestrings.org" forum because Swift took the "wrong" side on the grade school arithmetic debate in order to drop the human fossil fuel burning contribution to atmospheric CO2 percentage from the 32 percent it actually is down to the 0.0024 percent he wants to use as a major cornerstone of his position and ignoring all of my efforts to get him straightened out.

Translation: Say what Tad wants you to say or he will ban you.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 am

In 2016 Charles Q. Choi (May 26th Science and Astrology.) indicates
that Mars is ending its ice age.
This should be good news for the global warming/ climate change groups. Man’s contribution to this warming/change appears to be far more reaching than previously thought.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Bill Cummings wrote:In 2016 Charles Q. Choi (May 26th Science and Astrology.) indicates
that Mars is ending its ice age.
This should be good news for the global warming/ climate change groups. Man’s contribution to this warming/change appears to be far more reaching than previously thought.

:srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Sacked for speaking about climate change.
https://youtu.be/M7j75L38PlI
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:16 am

More misrepresentation at Tad's site:

Tad Eareckson wrote:The mainstream is constantly bending over backwards to pretend we don't exist but that's really just confirmation that we have done, are, doing, and can continue to do a lot of damage. The Bob Show has rock star status compared to Kite Strings. And Bob also bends over backwards to pretend we don't exist.

Just search our forum for "kitestrings" and you'll find over 150 posts referencing Tad's web site throughout the entire history of its existence from 2011 up through last month (September 2019). About half of those posts are my own (including this one). Yet Tad will still makes a statement like this:

Tad Eareckson wrote:And Bob also bends over backwards to pretend we don't exist.

Anyone who believes anything Tad says should seek confirmation from at least one alternate source.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Free Speech Zone / Off-Mission Discussions