Here's a place to deposit scraps of information and observations of our US Hawks history.

Re: Yahoo Group · HGAusa and HGAA formation

Postby wingspan33 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Ummmmm, . . . This ain't ego talking but where am I in the records above? :cry: :( :?:

Very few people will recall that back in 2006 I joined the OZ Report. Not long after, I started a thread that included a poll.

New HG Org post on OZ  8-19-2006.jpg
Once Upon a Time . . .

Link - https://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3777&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back then I didn't know anyone else who didn't like the direction that the USHGA (or U$hPa) was headed. So, I figured I'd ask how many OZ Report readers would be interested in starting a new hang glider pilots only organization.

Interestingly, that thread was started almost 13 years ago. The US Hawks is 9 years old today - on the 13th - of August!

Ends up the US Hawks is FREE to join, but has no insurance for its flying members. :| But it does have a "professional" web site, including a kind of online magazine (aka, forum).
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 pm

With 693 members.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Can one say "earlybird" :: Scott Wise
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 am

wingspan33 wrote: where am I in the records above? :cry: :( :?:

I thought you were the owner of that Yahoo group Scott. I thought you were "HGAofAmericaOwner". Reading those posts now, they sound like Joe Faust, but I had thought they were you.

wingspan33 wrote:Very few people will recall that back in 2006 I joined the OZ Report. Not long after, I started a thread that included a poll.

August 19th, 2006!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You were ahead of your time Scott. I didn't even start posting on any of the forums until about a year later. We had founded the Torrey Hawks as an alternative to the SDHGPA in the spring of 2007. But we were afraid to announce it with David Jebb as Regional Director. We only went public AFTER getting our USHPA Chapter in the fall of 2007. That's when I met John Wright who encouraged me to join hanggliding.org to promote our club. That was my first introduction to forums. It's interesting to look back and see how everything turned out.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics